Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I definitely hiked several miles today...

Oh my goodness Spain is busy!!!  Maybe thats just me, but it is hard to wake up at 7 and go to bed after midnight lol... Thats ok though because this city is absolutely beautiful!  The views I've seen just walking around town are just breathtaking... Everyone should probably be jealous lol jk (but seriously).  We started the day off with a breakfast that at least lasted me until lunch lol...  The way they eat here and the times are so off so I'm definitely still adjusting.  Next we got to see the university whose facilities we are using while here.  Buildings are so different here!  The university has a mix of old structures (old enough that they are falling apart a little) and new structures that help preserve the old structures.  Never seen anything like it, but it sure seemed cozy.  (even if we did get some strange stares for being such a large group of americans!) after getting a tour we got a break before starting 2 hours of survival Spanish.  I DEFINITELY don't remember enough Spanish!  Those 2 hours were intense... But I made it through and got to each lunch at the Spanish time of 2 o'clock.  Again, cultural differences are easy to spot.  We were assigned a scavenger hunt after classes ended for the day and that was a chore.  Its hard to walk around in city that is entirely built on a hill haha.  We got most of the places, but gave up for the last few so that we could join the entire group to hike a couple miles (ya know, no biggie) to see the sunset while viewing the city from a different hill!  We made it though and got some amazing pictures to prove it!  I love being here (even though I would have brought some people with me) and this city is just amazing!  Many thanks to everyone that helped me get here and I'll continue to keep y'all posted!
Muchos Love to All!
 amazing cathedral in the background
not really sure lol
 had to get a picture with that view behind me!
 statue of the guy that wrote don quijote... i know i should know his name, but.....

 this is toledo...
 ...with a river around it...
... and then at sunset-ish

6 comments:

  1. How long will you be staying here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am I, Don Quixote, the Lord or La Mancha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love you, but I also Hate YOU!!! soooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chasity, I'll be here until July 8th! Although Toledo is only the first city I'm in =)

    Audrey, you are pretty much amazing!

    Callie, I would totally have brought you with me!

    D'Ann, I know, isn't it beyond gorgeous?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i read don quijote in my spanish class in high school! that guy is crazy weird...ur not missing out haha

    --Kristen

    ReplyDelete