Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Another early morning = Another amazing weekend trip

So, if you didn't already know, I am leaving for Barcelona at 6 o'clock tomorrow morning.  While I may be a little less than excited about the early morning, I am super excited to get to Barcelona!  I hear it is an absolutely beautiful city, it's much cooler than central Spain, and they are having a festival tomorrow night!  How lucky are we?  The ONLY downside I can foresee is the lack of internet.  In Portugal, there was a fee to use the internet.  Hopefully, this hotel is nice enough to not charge us!  If that isn't the case, I'm sad to say I won't get a post up until Sunday night or Monday sometime.  Just wanted to give everyone a head's up!

Tonight, my host mom made lamb, fried eggs and "patatas fritas"!  Yum!!!  Lamb is an interesting meat that I'm not sure I've ever had before this trip.  I enjoyed the way it was prepared tonight so I'm gonna go with I like lamb lol.  I'm also used to having my eggs scrambled, but the fried egg went good with the meal.  And homemade (I think) french fries definitely made me happy!  And as always my magnum ice cream was delicious.  America, why have you not discovered magnum before now?!?

I think it's very strange how Spanish people love American music.  They have their Spanish artists, but I still seem to hear American pop songs everywhere.  And they are usually some of the older ones in the US.  Just a random comment =)

I don't have anything else that is very interesting.....

I love and miss everyone back home!  Can't wait to see y'all =)

No comments:

Post a Comment